Online C tutorial, moved to own site

Tom Torfs

Everyone,

My tutorial "An introduction to C" has moved to my own domain (thereby
hopefully ending the apparently perpetual moving requirements as well
as getting rid of nasty Yahoo advertisements). The new URL should also
be somewhat easier to remember:

http://cprog.tomsweb.net

greetings,
Tom

kal

Looks good!

The HTML version (the one I looked at) could do with a bit more
formatting.

There has always been the question as to where to put the notes;
at the end of the book, at the end of each chapter, at the bottom
of the page (footnotes) etc. In this regard HTML is useful. One
can jump to a footnote and then come back to where one was.

On the other hand, all this jumping back and forth could be a
distraction and would make the format a non printable one (which
could be circumvented by making all the notes footnotes.)

On the other other hand, inline footnotes would necessarily limit
their size.

IMHO, it is better to have short descriptions of the features of C,
say, each feature being described in a few lines and then have a
long exposition of it in notes, say hundreds of lines.

Note the amount of white space in the pages of the early K&R.
See also Joyce's on-line version of Euclid's Geometry.