onmouseover + :hover flicker & request for testing

Ciuin

Again I need your help.

This is the test page I am working on:
http://www.manfredkooistra.de/zeugs/test/test.php

It shows a large image with a navigation menue position:fixed over it
(position:absolute in IE 5 & 6).

You can mouseover the small image to display a navigation or mouseout
to hide it again. From this navigation (when displayed) you can hide
the whole menue including the small image or grab and drag it across
the screen.

Don't click any of the links, they lead nowhere.
You need to have JavaScript turned on (and styling, of course).

Two questions:

(1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:

- Do the links change color on hover?
- Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?
- If you drag the menue and then hide it, does the "show again" button
appear at the new location, as it should, or at the original (36px top
and left) or anywhere else?

(2) In Netscape 7, when you hover in and out of the links in the lower
navigation div, the white background of this div flickers for a split
second, so the large image shows through.

- What causes this?
- Is there an error in my code?
- Or is that a Netscape bug, and is there a workaround?

I would be very grateful for any help with these issues.

J.O. Aho

Ciuin said:
(1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:

Nope, but SeaMonkey compiled for use gtk toolbox.
- Do the links change color on hover?

Yes, they do.
- Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?
Nope

- If you drag the menue and then hide it, does the "show again" button
appear at the new location, as it should, or at the original (36px top
and left) or anywhere else?

Hide/show buttons appears at the new location.
But after moved the div, and mouse moves over the map, a new page is open with
the url http://www.somephotographer.com/ (not clicking on the map).

Ciuin

Nope, but SeaMonkey compiled for use gtk toolbox.

Yes, they do.

Hide/show buttons appears at the new location.
But after moved the div, and mouse moves over the map, a new page is open with
the urlhttp://www.somephotographer.com/(not clicking on the map).

Aha, okay, strange. Have to take care of that page opening without
clicking.

Thank you!

Chris F.A. Johnson

Again I need your help.

This is the test page I am working on:
http://www.manfredkooistra.de/zeugs/test/test.php

It shows a large image with a navigation menue position:fixed over it
(position:absolute in IE 5 & 6).

You can mouseover the small image to display a navigation or mouseout
to hide it again. From this navigation (when displayed) you can hide
the whole menue including the small image or grab and drag it across
the screen.

Don't click any of the links, they lead nowhere.
You need to have JavaScript turned on (and styling, of course).

Two questions:

[Using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Linux]
(1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:

- Do the links change color on hover?

Yes; they become legible. The original grey is too light to read
clearly.

The links extend outside the box, and overwrite the map.
- Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?

No.
- If you drag the menue and then hide it,

s/menue/menu/g
does the "show again" button appear at the new location, as it
should, or at the original (36px top and left) or anywhere else?

If "click to open navigation" is the same as "show again", then
yes, it does.