open MS Word in IE and save it to the server

Young Jeon

Hi, all

Here is my situation.
I have a box running win2k server & MySQL with a bunch of MS Word
files.
Website is written using JSP/JAVA to access Database.

Currently Users access to the website and download .doc files and
modify them in their workstations and upload them to the server.

I want to make them simple. So What I thought about is that

users will open files in IE and modify them and save them directly to
the server so that they don't have to download and upload them.

Is it possible for user to save files to the server directly from
their workstation through IE?

Ann

Young Jeon said:
Hi, all

Here is my situation.
I have a box running win2k server & MySQL with a bunch of MS Word
files.
Website is written using JSP/JAVA to access Database.

Currently Users access to the website and download .doc files and
modify them in their workstations and upload them to the server.

I want to make them simple. So What I thought about is that

users will open files in IE and modify them and save them directly to
the server so that they don't have to download and upload them.

Is it possible for user to save files to the server directly from
their workstation through IE?

Use "Map Network Drive" and it should work.
Has nothing to do with java though.