Options for displaying IMAGES???

Nobody

I'm working on an e-commerce type site where I have a bunch of categorized
items... once you drill down to the items page, I show the list of items
with a "preview picture". When you click on the item itself, there are 1 to
n detail pictures. What is the best way to do this?

1) Should I store the images in the database?
2) seems easier to store them in the /images directory, but then backing up,
restoring or scaling the database becomes a head ache.
3) how do I show the images? there doesn't seem to be a way to get a
repeater control or datalist to render them.
4) doing a getimage.asp?imageid=10 seems hokey and poor performance wise

Thanks!