[OT] An accessible website ?

Rik

Andy said:
http://n.nfshost.com/1.html

Probably the least accessible ever ? :cool:

Define accessible.
IMO it's a HIGHLY accessible website. Almost every apparatus designed to
display HTML in some way will know there's a 1, with a link to another
page...

Too bad it's not valid, which it easily could be.

The only thing it is is short, but the record for shortest page that will
still validate in the W3C validator is much, much smaller.

What was it? I can't find it that quickly, but that was about 20 characters
I believe.

Grtz,

dorayme

Rik said:
Define accessible.
IMO it's a HIGHLY accessible website. Almost every apparatus designed to
display HTML in some way will know there's a 1, with a link to another
page...

Too bad it's not valid, which it easily could be.

The only thing it is is short, but the record for shortest page that will
still validate in the W3C validator is much, much smaller.

Why not a bit shorter still in the source and css... is the
container needed?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Why not a bit shorter still in the source and css... is the
container needed?

It is in Strict - you can't put inline elements directly inside the
body.

Jonathan N. Little

Mark said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

It is in Strict - you can't put inline elements directly inside the
body.

Yeah, P element is a block element, you don't need the DIV, right?

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

It is in Strict - you can't put inline elements directly inside the
body.

I just was picking up fag ends... saw http://n.nfshost.com/1.html
and saw no doc type at all... tried the thing without container
in FF and it looked pretty much the same...

That was good enough for me to blurt out what I blurted out!

(You have been very quiet, Marcus, lately...)

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
(You have been very quiet, Marcus, lately...)

Indeed I have, though in my defence my name is not Marcus.

I've been lurking, but have been busy with <whisper>work</whisper>, so
haven't had much time to post.

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Indeed I have, though in my defence my name is not Marcus.

I've been lurking, but have been busy with <whisper>work</whisper>, so
haven't had much time to post.

Yes, me too but it is amazing how one can find distractions to
avoid it... About the Marcus business... I was in a Latin mood...

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Yes, me too but it is amazing how one can find distractions to
avoid it...

Absolutely. Though less so when the boss is only a couple of metres
away. ;-)
About the Marcus business... I was in a Latin mood...

So that makes you...doraymus? No, must be doraymia.

Andy Dingley

The site with the least reason to go beyond the first page, maybe.

On the contrary.... :cool:

I believe there's about 100 pages in there. I've only got to 22 so far
though.

Rik

Andy said:
On the contrary.... :cool:

I believe there's about 100 pages in there. I've only got to 22 so far
though.

Hey, it's a game... And a pretty enjoyable one at that.

It think my english is playing parts now, how the hell would non-native
speaker know a baker's dozen is thirteen? But after that I'm stuck.

Grtz,

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Absolutely. Though less so when the boss is only a couple of metres
away. ;-)

Yes, well... I am lucky that way, I have no work boss... at least
not on earth ..
So that makes you...doraymus? No, must be doraymia.

Now now Mark, that is below the belt, you know how sensitive I am
about my name. (Plus...I doubt you are genuinely in a Latin
mood...)

dorayme

Probably the least accessible ever ? :cool:

Far from it.

The site with the least reason to go beyond the first page, maybe.[/QUOTE]

No, that is definitely not right, a "1" compels a "2" with iron
like reason...