    Please accept my apologies and don't take it personally.

    [ Article posted outside the thread to minimize the number of times that
    word is reread. ]

    Pedro Graca, Apr 13, 2006

  2. I have no idea what you are talking about and I am sure that anyone who
    didn't read the thread in question won't either. By creating a
    seperate thread just to post your apology you are only drawing
    attention to your mistake, whatever that was exactly, and are likely to
    encourage others who never originally read what you are referring to to
    seek out your misstep which is something you claim to not want to do.
    Next time you should strongly consider posting something like this in
    the thread where it belongs, where it is in context and the people who
    would have been offended offended will most likely see it.

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Pedro Graca

    Default User Guest

    If it makes you feel any better, the poet Robert Browning made a
    somewhat similar error in his poem "Pippa Passes".

    <http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001814.html>

    William Bryson, in recounting this, says that Browning never knew of
    his error because no one could think of a sufficiently delicate way of
    explaining it to him.

    Brian

    Default User, Apr 13, 2006
  4. Pedro Graca