OT: But should be easy question for experienced MSVC6 users

Hamish

I can't compile my MSVC6 project. It's very frustrating.

2 errors:

(1) C:\Proj1\File1.cpp(938) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file
while looking for precompiled header directive

Note, I had this error. Have commented out the entire contents, am still
getting this error.

(2) BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\File1.sbr': No such
file or directory

I have know idea what this is on about.

Victor Bazarov

Hamish said:
I can't compile my MSVC6 project. It's very frustrating.
[...]

Please don't cross-post off-topic to comp.lang.c++, even after
marking it OT. Thank you. Besides, I don't think your post
belongs to m.p.v.mfc either. Try microsoft.public.vc.project_mgt
or microsoft.public.vc.ide_general.

David

I can't compile my MSVC6 project. It's very frustrating.

2 errors:

(1) C:\Proj1\File1.cpp(938) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file
while looking for precompiled header directive

Note, I had this error. Have commented out the entire contents, am still
getting this error.

The project settings indicate precompiled headers should be used. That
means
that there should be a StdAfx.h file in every *.cpp file, and there should
be
a StdAfx.cpp in the project. These files are basically empty, except that
they have headers that Windows considers useful for all compiles to have
'precompiled'. It is just an optimization setting. You can also remove the
error by unsetting the "use precomiled headers" option in the project
settings.
(2) BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\File1.sbr': No such
file or directory

I recall that this is one of the files created to support browsing. A
full
build might create the file. I'm not sure on that though.
I have know idea what this is on about.

David

Peter Julian

Hamish said:
I can't compile my MSVC6 project. It's very frustrating.

2 errors:

(1) C:\Proj1\File1.cpp(938) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file
while looking for precompiled header directive

Note, I had this error. Have commented out the entire contents, am still
getting this error.

(2) BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\File1.sbr': No such
file or directory

I have know idea what this is on about.

Learn how to use your compiler. Project / settings / C++ tab / precompiled
headers (set to "All Configurations") / Not using precompiled headers.

And finally, remove any #include "stdafx.h" in your project

Take the time to read and comprehend the error codes. That one is obvious.

daydaydayu

Menu "Project" > Settings > C/C++ Tab >
Category: Precomplied Headers
Choose "Not using precompiled headers"