[OT?] GCC License

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

Hello,
This question is mostly about C Compilers, not C itself,
I couldnt find a better news group for this question (apart from
gnu.gcc.help)

I have written a small application using GCC (+MinGW), and now I want to
sell license for using it (for commercial purposes) to other firm.
Is this 100% legal? Do I have to put inside program license information
about using this compiler in this program? Have I to put this information
somewhere inside program (that users will see it), etc?

Martin Ambuhl

Hello,
This question is mostly about C Compilers, not C itself,
I couldnt find a better news group for this question (apart from
gnu.gcc.help)

You have posted your question to at least one better place than here,
comp.os.msdos.djgpp. The gnu.* newsgroups are a good choice, as are the
cygwin and MinGW mailing lists. comp.lang.c is a very poor choice. Your
question has nothing to do with C, and that's all we do here.

Tom St Denis

Rafal said:
Hello,
This question is mostly about C Compilers, not C itself,
I couldnt find a better news group for this question (apart from
gnu.gcc.help)

I have written a small application using GCC (+MinGW), and now I want to
sell license for using it (for commercial purposes) to other firm.
Is this 100% legal? Do I have to put inside program license information
about using this compiler in this program? Have I to put this information
somewhere inside program (that users will see it), etc?

Programs you write with GNU CC are not covered under the GPL explicitly.

So yes, you can sell the application.

Tom