OT: Newsfeed test

Default User

Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
see this.

Brian Rodenborn

brief reply

Great, thanks! I'm becoming cautiously optimistic that the problem is
resolved, and I can stop cross-posting to my long-suffering friends over
in alt.fan.tom-servo.

Brian Rodenborn

Kevin Goodsell

Default said:
Wow! The first non-Boeing response in a couple of weeks. Can others see
my messages too?

I'm seeing them. This one and the thread-starter. I don't show any other
posts from you in the past few weeks.

Reminds me of one of my previous ISPs. I was using them for about a week
before I realized that nobody was replying to any of my usenet posts,
and the Google archive didn't contain them. Tech support did a few
things (over the 3 or 4 times I called in to report the problem):

1) Posted a message of their own, and claimed it worked. Well, yeah, it
*seems* to work as long as you don't try very hard to determine whether
it really did or not.

2) Emailed me to tell me the problem was fixed. It wasn't, of course.

3) Told me to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the groups I was posting
to. Of course, "subscribing" is a concept that applies to Usenet
clients, not newfeeds or Usenet as a whole. I can post a message via
TELNET if I want to. In fact I did, and it still didn't go through.

I also searched the Google archives for posts from their server, and
found that all posting from that server had stopped about 8 months
earlier. Yay for ISP incompetence.

-Kevin

Kevin said:
I'm seeing them. This one and the thread-starter. I don't show any other
posts from you in the past few weeks.

Only a few. All of Boeing has had this problem, the IT guys have been
working it with the hosting company.
Reminds me of one of my previous ISPs. I was using them for about a week
before I realized that nobody was replying to any of my usenet posts,
and the Google archive didn't contain them. Tech support did a few
things (over the 3 or 4 times I called in to report the problem):

That's what we had. One of the of the most insidious errors, because the
users can't really tell. The messages are on the local server, but never
make it out.

This applied to all of our non-alt groups. The alt groups have a
separate provider, so I could sneaks posts out via cross-post to an alt
group.

Looks like, after nearly three weeks, they may fixed it. Yay.

Brian Rodenborn

Mike Wahler

Default User said:
Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
see this.

I see you on my California server. But you did seem
to have 'gone missing' for a while. I almost called
Jack Malone. :)

-Mike

Joona I Palaste

Your mission, brian, should you choose to accept it...

And what if he doesn't?

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ------------- Finland --------\
"When a man talks dirty to a woman, that's sexual harassment. When a woman talks