    feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.

    Anyway, if this post makes it out, a brief reply would be appreciated.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Test successful.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Thanks. The IT guys reported that they had it fixed, looks like that is
    the case. Hurrah.

    Brian Rodenborn

  4. Nope, I didn't see this at all.

    Ever.

    Not once.

    August Derleth, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Default User

    Oh well, I guess I'll put in a complaint and try to get that lying IT
    guy fired. Thanks for the info.

    Brian Rodenborn

  6. In the future, please try misc.test. Test posts to comp.lang.c are
    inappropriate.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Default User

    CBFalconer Guest

    It got out.

    CBFalconer, Oct 22, 2003
  8. Default User

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    feed, so posts to alt.test don't help.
    I wasn't aware of that group. I'm not sure if that one uses our main
    feed or the other one.

    I think I explained my reasons for wanting to use one of the newsgroups
    that is exhibiting the problem. I'm a regular here, clearly marked the
    post as OT, and explained why I was going outside the normal conventions
    for testing, which are normally to check the news software's settings.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Oct 22, 2003
  9. Ok, fair enough.

    For future reference, there's also a comp.test newsgroup.

    (If I needed to test a specific newsgroup, I'd probably try to find
    something topical to say, but that's just me.)

    Keith Thompson, Oct 22, 2003
  10. It's fun to watch trolls feed on each other every once in a while ;-)

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 22, 2003
  11. Default User

    You ought to know.

    Brian Rodenborn