Outlook query

sumeetkbali

Hello

I am trying to create outlook appointments(outlook 2003) from ASP.NET
(VS 2005). I have tried the sample from http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=775
but everytime the mail is about to go out it says that there is
something trying to access your mailbox do you want to continue and
then I have to click OK each time. Since I want to send out the
appointment request automatically, I don't want to click on OK each
time and as that is a exchange security issue which the admin
controls, I don't have a say on that. Also eventhough I get a message
saying an application is sending a mail, the mail is never received by
the recepients. Any ideas?

Is webdav the way to go in this situation? If yes then are there any
good samples that I can be pointed to.

Please let me know and thanks for your help in advance.

Sumeet

Guest

[...]

You tried to use a code for a desktop application, designed to use the
local Outlook. This will not work from ASP.NET

Look at the following article:

Sending Appointments to an Outlook 2007 Calendar from an ASP.NET 2.0
Web Site

More:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Outlook+appointments+asp.net

Hope this helps

Bali

Thanks Alexey for your prompt reply. I have outlook 2003 so hopefully
this will work with that as well. I'll check it out and let you know
how it goes.

Thanks again

Sumeet

Guest

Thanks Alexey for your prompt reply. I have outlook 2003 so hopefully
this will work with that as well. I'll check it out and let you know
how it goes.

Thanks again

Sumeet

I don't know if there any difference in the format of the ics file
between 2003 and 2007, hopefully not. But the basic idea is very
simple - just send that file to the client. I think the following code
is exactly what you have asked for

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/SendAppointment.aspx

Guest

Hi Alexey

I tried the sample and after I have sent .ics file, and try to open it
in outlook I get the following error.

"This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar
appointment in iCalendar format.
To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead
of Lunar."

Following are the contents of the .ics file

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0

Try to delete the line with VERSION:2.0