P2P Application

Roberto

Hi all.
I need an application which must act as client and server at the same time
(just like a p2p application).
Server must accept multiple connections and client can start at any time.
I don't have a basic knowledge about fork() and threads in C, so can you
counsile me any website or other resource where I can find this kind of
application?
Thanks in advance

Roberto

Ian Collins

Roberto said:
Hi all.
I need an application which must act as client and server at the same time
(just like a p2p application).
Server must accept multiple connections and client can start at any time.
I don't have a basic knowledge about fork() and threads in C, so can you
counsile me any website or other resource where I can find this kind of
application?

sourceforge? Certainly not here.

Richard Heathfield

Roberto said:

I don't have a basic knowledge about fork() and threads in C, so can you
counsile me any website or other resource where I can find this kind of
application?

comp.unix.programmer is worth a look, but your best bet is "Advanced
Programming in the Unix Environment", by W Richard Stevens, available from
all good bookshops. (Check in c.u.p., though, in case there's an even
better bet, although frankly I doubt it.)

Martin Ambuhl

Roberto said:
Yes, I know.
But can you counsil me any application which can solve my problem?

Similarly off-topic, but helpful, I hope:

Should you need to use the word again, it is spelled "counsel". The
error is understandable, since it comes from the Latin "consiliari" as
does the Italian "consigliare".

There is another English word, "council" (Italian "consiglio") similar
in sound, origin, and meaning to the noun "counsel", but you will not
easily find examples of "counsil" in literate English.

Tor Rustad

Roberto said:
Hi all.
I need an application which must act as client and server at the same time
(just like a p2p application).
Server must accept multiple connections and client can start at any time.
I don't have a basic knowledge about fork() and threads in C, so can you
counsile me any website or other resource where I can find this kind of
application?

"UNIX Network programming" by Stevens. Ask questions in
<comp.unix.programmer>

"PThreads Primer" by Bil Lewis, is available as free download. Ask
questions in <comp.programming.thread>.