package rating system for the Cheese Shop

cbtube03

Is there a package rating system for the Cheese Shop, like how Perl
has cpanratings (http://cpanratings.perl.org/)?

Do you think it would be useful?

I see that we already have Cheesecake (http://pycheesecake.org/) for
rating a package's kwalitee (like Perl's CPANTS). But browsing the
Cheese Shop, I don't see a way to view or sort by Cheesecake rating...
How can I see the kwalitee ratings of the packages at the Cheese Shop?

cbtube03

I don't know CPAN, but maybe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.cheeserater.com/

?

STeVe

Thanks for the link STeVe. Yes, this is the sort of thing I was
looking for. Looks like there's no way to actually leave comments on a
package though; just a (+) or (-) rating. No way to say something
like, "I like x, y, and z about this package, but n, m, and especially
o need to get fixed" though.

One strength of cpanratings is you can leave those comments. A well-
written review comment, like "I used this package, and here's how it
worked out ... If you need <certain feature x>, you might try <package
y> instead of this one." is much more valuable than a thumbs-up or
thumbs-down.

Steven Bethard

Thanks for the link STeVe. Yes, this is the sort of thing I was
looking for. Looks like there's no way to actually leave comments on a
package though; just a (+) or (-) rating. No way to say something
like, "I like x, y, and z about this package, but n, m, and especially
o need to get fixed" though.

One strength of cpanratings is you can leave those comments. A well-
written review comment, like "I used this package, and here's how it
worked out ... If you need <certain feature x>, you might try <package
y> instead of this one." is much more valuable than a thumbs-up or
thumbs-down.

It might be worth sending those comments to whoever maintains that site.
Looks like either "Jacob Kaplan-Moss" (http://www.jacobian.org/) or
"Jeff Croft" (http://www.jeffcroft.com/)

STeVe