Page cannot be displayed.

archana

Hi all,

I am having one web application which is giving call to windows
service remoting. That means i am using remoting from web
application. what is happening is call reached to windows service
through remoting and service starts processing. But in IE6 web
applcation is displaying error message "page cannot be displayed",
"dns error" but my call is in process. can any one tell me why my web
application is displaying this message event though request is is
process?

thanks in advance.

Guest

Hi all,

I am having one web application which is giving call to windows
service remoting. That means i am using remoting from web
application.  what is happening is call reached to windows service
through remoting and service starts processing.  But in IE6 web
applcation is displaying error message "page cannot be displayed",
"dns error" but my call is in process.  can any one tell me why my web
application is displaying this message event though request is is
process?

thanks in advance.

Try to turn off the Show friendly HTTP error messages option and see
if it shows anything else

Tools - Internet Options - Advanced

Guest

Try to turn off the Show friendly HTTP error messages option and see
if it shows anything else

Tools - Internet Options - Advanced

IE 6 has some funny bugs like one at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892056.
So try to check if you have all service packs installed. Also check if
this is not a DNS issue (either hit Ctrl+F5 or try ipconfig /flushdns)