Page_Load Not Firing On Subsequent Views of the Page

Guadala Harry

Just wondering what could cause this: I have observed that when first
opening an aspx page, the Page_Load event fires as expected. Then I go to
other pages in the site. When returning to any page that has been previously
viewed, the Page_Load event does not fire (or at least the Page_Load event
procedure is not executed). FWIW: PostBacks are working fine (meaning that
the Page_Load event procedure executes on PostBacks). The problem is just
when I navigate away to another page and then return to a previously viewed
page.

Please note that I do NOT have output Caching enabled on any of the pages.
Also, while I have not tested every single page in my ASP.NET Web
application, I have observed this behavior in many of them (and none I have
tested show the behavior I expect/need - which is to have Page_Load fire on
every request for the page).

What can cause this? How can I make it so that the Page_Load event procedure
executes on every request for the page?

Thanks!

bruce barker

the browser is caching the page itself, thus the server knows nothing about
it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guadala Harry

Is there any way I can tell the browser to NOT cache the page? Or is doing
that generally frowned upon?

-G