Pages validate nicely, but I can see the reason why the scroll bars don't work

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/criteria.html

This page (and the stylesheet) both validate at w3c.org quite happily. The
problem is that the scroll bars don't seem to be working. From what I can
see, they should be - I've not changed the css very much from the original
(from memory, I've altered the height and width attributes in #textbox and
that's about it - certainly nothing which can stop the scrolling)

Any ideas why this should be? The original is at
http://www.reelnorth.co.uk - click on criteria on the left menu.

TTFN

Paul

SS

ß Ø ® G

Hi,

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/criteria.html

This page (and the stylesheet) both validate at w3c.org quite happily. The
problem is that the scroll bars don't seem to be working. From what I can
see, they should be - I've not changed the css very much from the original
(from memory, I've altered the height and width attributes in #textbox and
that's about it - certainly nothing which can stop the scrolling)

Any ideas why this should be? The original is at
http://www.reelnorth.co.uk - click on criteria on the left menu.

TTFN

Paul

they both scroll ok for me

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

rf

Paul F. Johnson said:
Hi,

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/criteria.html

This page (and the stylesheet) both validate at w3c.org quite happily. The
problem is that the scroll bars don't seem to be working. From what I can
see, they should be - I've not changed the css very much from the original
(from memory, I've altered the height and width attributes in #textbox and
that's about it - certainly nothing which can stop the scrolling)

Any ideas why this should be? The original is at
http://www.reelnorth.co.uk - click on criteria on the left menu.

The scroll bars work for me. It's just that there are too bloody many of
them. I am used to ont (1) scroll bar per page.

Cheers
Richard.

Els

Paul said:
Hi,

Which browser are you using. Mozilla and Firebird won't scroll.

Just checked in Netscape and Firebird: The one at
reelnorth.co.uk doesn't seem to have a problem, but the
other one does. I think it has to do with the right hand
column, 'cause when you narrow your window, the right hand
'reelnorth news' goes to the bottom of the middle, and then
the scrolling does work. Main difference I can see between
the original and the Salford 'copy', is that the latter one
uses bigger font, and the middle column has a fixed width.
HTH,