Parsing MS Access files

Skeleton Man

Hi,

Does anyone know of a Perl based solution for reading data directly from
*.mdb files ? I don't want DBI, ODBC, etc.. I want something that reads the
raw binary data and outputs it as CSV or simmilar. I tried mdbtools, but
their support for Access 97 is screwy and results in blank columns, and a
host of other issues.. so I'm looking for either an alternative utility for
reading ms access files under unix/linux or a perl implementation.

I am stuck with Access 97 format as the files will be downloaded
automatically via ftp for processing in the order of hundreds per day..
manually downloading and exporting/converting is not an option.

Any help wold be appreciated..

Chris