Pass values to a web page and extract result

Discussion in 'Perl' started by amar_rx, Apr 15, 2013.

  1. amar_rx

    amar_rx

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:

    I am completely new to Perl and i need help from you.

    I need to create a perl script that access a internal website, passes a number to 'release' field and select a radio button 'all result' and then click 'Submit' button to get the result in a notepad/excel.

    At this moment , all i could try is open the web page with the following code,
    use Win32::OLE;
    Win32::OLE::CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application.1", $ie) || die "CreateObject: $!";
    $ie->{Visible} = 1;
    $ie->Navigate($wedpage");

    I need to eneter a release number, change the radio button to all result and click submit button to get the result.

    Looking for your help... Thanks in advance.

    amar_rx, Apr 15, 2013

  2. amar_rx

    marlonbrando921

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Three symbols are used to define a string of parameters to pass:

    ? concatenates the URL and the string of parameters.
    & separates multiple parameters.
    = assigns a value to the variable.
    Example:

    login="me"&password="1234"
    In this example, we have two parameters, login and password, which are assigned the values "me" and "1234".

    marlonbrando921, Apr 6, 2016