Passing back and forth parameters to modal browser windows

Carlos Alejandro Pérez

hi
I need to perform this sequence:
- a webform A calls another webform B. Webform B should be a modal one
- when data is entered in webform B, the user chooses close window
- the data must be captured and processed by webform A, if possible,
*without* clicking on a button to force this.

I know I should use IFrames. Can any1 here give me a clue regarding this?
Can the application object be used to fire events automatically in webform A
when the user closes webform B?

TIA,

Carlos

Eliyahu Goldin

Carlos,

I am not sure how IFrames help you to make a modal dialog. The only way to
produce one is to call javascript function showModalDialog on client side.
The scenario is like this:

1. Form A client-side calls showModalDialog("FormB",...);
2. Form B opens in a modal window.
3. User closes Form B. Before closing, Form B client side should save the
data in window.returnValue object.
4. Form A client-side gets the object with Form B data as a result of the
showModalDialog("FormB",...); call.
5. Form A client-side puts Form B data into hidden input fields.
6. Form A client-side calls FormA.submit() to postback to the server.
7. Form A server-side gets the data from the hidden inputs.

Eliyahu