Passing Login Info Between ASP 3.0 and ASP.NET?

aarnan

I have developed a website in ASP.NET 2.0 that is one of several
accessed from the same protal. All of the other sites use ASP 3.0, and
this is the first .NET site. The rest will be converted as time goes
on.

My problem is that the login takes place on a 3.0 page and then based
on who the person is, sends them to their appropriate website, passing
along the user information. In this case, that info needs to come from
the login page in 3.0 to my new ASP.NET website.

What are my options for transferring the data? Is it only in the
request query string? If so, that is a problem because user name and
password information would presumable have to come in and the site
would be vulnerable to manipulating the URL. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jon Paal

anyplace that is independent of both ASP and ASP.net such as:

database, querystring, hidden form fields, xml files, etc

Guest

Hi aarnan,

Buy yourself a copy of Professional.ASP.NET.2.0 Security, Membership, and
Role Management -- it's by Wiley or Wrox, can't remember which. They have a
good and lengthy discussion of ways to manage what you're trying to do here.

-KF