how to share authentication cookie between ASP 3.0 and ASP.NET

ntran005

Hi
I have a new ASP.NET 2.0 web site installed side by side with existing
ASP 3.0 web sites, each under a different domain, like this:

https://dotnetapp.mycompany.com
https://app1.mycompany.com
https://portal.mycompany.com

The 'portal' application handles authentication and sets a cookie when
the user successfully logged on. It was a legacy application written
in ASP 3.0.

How do I access that authentcation cookie from under the ASP.NET
application ?

Inside the event handler FormsAuthentication_OnAuthenticate(), I have
the following code, but the cookie is always null:

HttpCookie authCookie =
Context.Request.Cookies["MY_SECURITY_SESSIONID"];

What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Nghia

Guest

There are a number of "Funky" workarounds for this but your main problem here
is that cookies are domain-specific. That means, "no cookie". Try munging
something encrypted onto the querystrings or some other method.
Peter