Passing parameters to an applet from a var in script

Bob Moors

How do you make a var or function known outside of the script?

I wrote a function that returns an int, I would like to use the function to
set a parameter of an applet.
I keep getting the error "Number Format Exception parsing N_ROWS parameter"
in the MS Java Console

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Bob said:
How do you make a var or function known outside of the script?

Not at all? JavaScript variables and functions cannot exist out of
JavaScript context. All you can do is pass their identifier and/or
value (separately).
I wrote a function that returns an int,

You do not since there is no `int' type in JavaScript. You most
certainly return a value of type `number'.
I would like to use the function to set a parameter of an applet.

Get a reference to the applet object and do it then if the DOM of
the target UA supports it.
I keep getting the error "Number Format Exception parsing N_ROWS parameter"
in the MS Java Console

42.

(Well, what did you expect?)

PointedEars