Passing text to a frame in a window

BrendanMcPherson

Hello
Im trying to make this application that does this.
The user enters text in a window clicks GO and then a new window opens
with the text in a frame.

I assume I put the text in the URL.
But how do I get the frame on the next window to take the text
and put it in its textbox.

Bart Van der Donck

Im trying to make this application that does this.
The user enters text in a window clicks GO and then a new window opens
with the text in a frame.

I assume I put the text in the URL.
But how do I get the frame on the next window to take the text
and put it in its textbox.

form.htm =

<form target="_blank" method="get" action="frameset.htm">
<input type="text" name="T">
<input type="submit" value="Go">
</form>

frameset.htm =

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.write('<frameset rows="350,*">')
document.write('<frame src="http://www.google.com">')
document.write('<frame src="myframe.htm?'
+location.search.substring(1)+'">')
document.write('</frameset>')
</script>
</head>

myframe.htm =

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
pVal = location.search.substring(1)
pVal = pVal.replace(/^T=/,'')
document.write( pVal )
</script>
</head>

Hope this helps,

Bart Van der Donck

Bart said:
[...]
myframe.htm =

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
pVal = location.search.substring(1)
pVal = pVal.replace(/^T=/,'')
document.write( pVal )
</script>
</head>

Ah yes I forgot, just before the document.write command, there should
be something like:

pVal = unescape( pVal )