Pattern in html or css?

PParker

Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
dont want to use an image if I can

Any help would be great

Jonathan N. Little

PParker said:
Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
dont want to use an image if I can

Any help would be great

Do you mean within one cell or to alternate the backgrounds of cells to
create the pattern?

ironcorona

PParker said:
Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
dont want to use an image if I can

Any help would be great

Someone did something like this with a chess board. I have a feeling
that it was with pure CSS [no tables]. It's someone who is a regular on
this group. Try checking out the google group archives.

PParker

Yes i looked everywhere and cant find anything
I have tried with coloring every second table but it distorts when i scale
page

Jonathan N. Little

PParker said:
I meant within 1 cell but if there is another way id be interested

You could use CSS, but would require a bitmap image. Defining a
collection of block elements with different background colors and then
positioning another layer on top would be horribly complicated, require
lots of markup and maybe far more bytes then a bitmap

dorayme

PParker said:
Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
dont want to use an image if I can

Any help would be great

What exactly do you want to do? Make a chess or draughts board
with 64 squares? Is it limited this way? If so, surely that would
just mean specifying background colour for things: a background
colour to the whole table overridden by another colour as
background for other classed cells. Size would not come into it.

[A man who had spent 16 years in a mental hospital taught me to
play a reasonable game of draughts, he had met a draughts
champion in there and had learnt from him. He was not so hot at
chess but geez he was almost impossible to beat at draughts.
Maybe called checkers in US]

PParker

No what I wanted to do it
say you have a page with a table and your content is set inside that table
at say 800 pixels
then on the sides of that table you have another table that you use 100% of
space by say 20 pixels high and inside that table have a checker pattern
that goes as far as you stretch the page all without putting in a gf or jpg