PDL - Errors in PDL::Gaussian, maybe install?

Keflavich

When I try something like this:

my $gauss=new PDL::Gaussian([2],[1]);
my $covar=$gauss->get_covariance();
$covar->slice('0,0')++;
$gauss->upd_covariance();

in either a script or the perldl terminal, I get errors:
Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method PDL::primitive::sumover() is
deprecated at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Gaussian.pm line 221.
Can't locate auto/PDL/Primitive/sumover.al in @INC (@INC contains: /
etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/
lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/
local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Gaussian.pm line 221

sumover.al doesn't exist on my computer/in my include directories,
though CPAN claims that my PDL installation is up to date. Can anyone
help me figure out what's wrong?

Also, is there any forum to discuss PDL specific issues? Is there any
way to enable "up-key" functionality as in bash to recall the previous
command at the perldl command line? Use the left arrow to go back in
the command?

Thanks,
Adam