perl and url

Laurens P.

Hi,

I made a cgi-script to subscribe a membership on a particular site. The
moment the new member wants to log on, he has to fill out a login and
password that he received. So if the verification is correct, I want to show
the site. How can I show that url via perl?

Greetz, Laurens.

Jürgen Exner

Laurens said:
I made a cgi-script to subscribe a membership on a particular site.
The moment the new member wants to log on, he has to fill out a login
and password that he received. So if the verification is correct, I
want to show the site. How can I show that url via perl?

Maybe you print the URL using the print() function?

jue

Kris Wempa

This can be done several different ways. If you are using the Apache web
server, you can write one CGI script where the user can subscribe to the
site. The script would gather the user information and add the
user/password entry into the password file using the htpasswd utility that
comes with Apache. The main page would be in a separate directory that
would be password protected and would authenticate the user using the
password file written to be the first page. Another method is to use a
single CGI script to manage the passwords and show the main page. This
would basically be a dual purpose CGI script that would invoke itself as the
form action. When the user first comes to the page, the login page is
shown. When the user/password is entered, the same CGI page is invoked and
passed the user/password parameters. After verification, the real page is
shown. You may want to ask this question on a CGI newsgroup as it's a bit
difficult to explain in great detail here.