Perl / HTML Form Question

amerar

Hi All,

I have a form that is dynamically generated from a CGI script. This
for can have any number of checkboxes on it, and, each checkbox has a
different name, which is required.

When that form gets submitted, I need to get the name of the checkbox.

How can I do this? I do not know what is a checkbox and what is not
when it hits the CGI program.........

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

xhoster

Hi All,

I have a form that is dynamically generated from a CGI script. This
for can have any number of checkboxes on it, and, each checkbox has a
different name, which is required.

It is not required for every checkbox to have a different name. You can
have many checkboxes with the same name, but different values. I do it all
the time.
When that form gets submitted, I need to get the name of the checkbox.

How can I do this? I do not know what is a checkbox and what is not
when it hits the CGI program.........

Prepend "checkbox_" to the front of every checkbox name, then check to see
if the param names start with "chechbox_". Or submit a list of all the
checkbox names in a hidden field.

Xho