perl on linux

darkchild50

i would like to make an html based admin system for my linux computer.
it needs to be able to ask for root password and change permisions on
files. it also needs a page for runnig test perl commands.

thx in advance
-darkchild

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

i would like to make an html based admin system for my linux computer.
it needs to be able to ask for root password and change permisions on
files. it also needs a page for runnig test perl commands.

Interesting, thanks for letting us know.
thx in advance

Thanks for what?

John Bokma

i would like to make an html based admin system for my linux computer.
it needs to be able to ask for root password and change permisions on
files. it also needs a page for runnig test perl commands.

There are way better products (compared to the homecrafted one you want to
make) to remotely admin your system, if that's what you want:

SSH, VNC, etc.

Brian Wakem

i would like to make an html based admin system for my linux computer.
it needs to be able to ask for root password and change permisions on
files. it also needs a page for runnig test perl commands.

thx in advance

Before you re-invent the wheel, take a look at http://webmin.com/

xhoster

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please quote some context.

thanks as in im an idiot and suck at perl and need HELP

I would recommend that people who are idiots and who suck at Perl should
not run Perl scripts under super-user privileges.

Xho

darkchild50

umm no i acctuly wnat it to run on the system not remotely seeing as i
dont have internet hook up yet on the computer in question

Brian Wakem

umm no i acctuly wnat it to run on the system not remotely seeing as i
dont have internet hook up yet on the computer in question

Please quote an appropriate amount of the message you are replying to.

Webmin does run on your local machine. No internet connection needed,
except to download it of course.

Gregory Toomey

umm no i acctuly wnat it to run on the system not remotely seeing as i
dont have internet hook up yet on the computer in question

Good lord, has it ever occurred to you that systems that can be used
remotely can also be used locally?

gtoomey