Perl to trigger ASP that posts XML feed to another page

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Dave, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I have an .asp page that posts an XML feed to another company's URL.
    The feed needs to be run on a schedule, so I am attempting to use a
    Perl script on a UNIX box to trigger the page which creates and posts
    the XML feed to the URL. When the Perl script is run it echoes back
    the HTML including the XML from the .asp page; however, the XML is not
    posted to the other company's URL. Snippets of the code are provided
    here:

    ..
    ..
    ..
    use LWP::UserAgent;
    $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
    ..
    ..
    ..
    my $req = new HTTP::Request
    'POST','https://certsite.com/Tools/DHL_Emplid_Feed.asp?Company=XYZ';
    $req->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
    $req->content('match=www&errors=0');
    my $res = $ua->request($req);
    print $res->as_string;
    ..
    ..
    ..

    This is my first attempt to do anything like this, so any advice you
    can give is appreciated.

    Regards,

    Dave

    Dave, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Dave

    Brian Wakem Guest

    Which is supposed to be done by the ASP page, so nothing to do with perl.

    You are posting to an HTTPS url therefore you will need to:

    use Crypt::SSLeay;

    Brian Wakem, Apr 25, 2006