perlcc for perl 5.12.3 for Mac OS X 10.7.5

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jomarbueyes, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jomarbueyes

jomarbueyes Guest

Hi all,

Is there a Perl compiler (perlcc) for Perl 5.12.3 running under Mac OS X 10..7.5? From the Linux prompt I tried: which perlcc; perldoc perlcc; perldoc -f perlcc; perldoc -q perlcc; and perldoc -q compiler. Neither inquiry return a hint of the presence of the compiler or where to find it. I searched CPAN for perlcc and the query came back with Perl 5.8. Our local computer cluster still runs Perl 5.8 and does have a perlcc, which doesn't help me for several reasons.

If there is a compiler for Perl 5.12.3 under Mac OS X 10.7.5, where can I find it? If not for Perl 5.12.N, is there a perlcc for later Perl versions?

Thank you in advance,

Jomar

jomarbueyes, Apr 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. jomarbueyes

jomarbueyes Guest

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response. I'll download and instal PAR and will also investigate re-building Perl with the -Duserelocatableinc option (or might as well build a more recent Perl version).

Thank you again,

Jomar

jomarbueyes, Apr 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. jomarbueyes

jomarbueyes Guest

Hi Ben,

My need is much simpler than a GUI. I have some Perl scripts and modules that I wrote to carry out some simple but tedious processing on a large list of objects (here object used in the grammatical, not programming sense). Now some colleagues would like to use my scripts in a shared Linux cluster to which neither of us has root access. My scripts and modules are no problem. The problem is that in my computers I installed a few modules from CPAN.. Those are the ones that we find difficult to use in the cluster and we have little or no hope to have them installed in a timely manner.

Thank you again for your response,

Jomar

jomarbueyes, Apr 4, 2013
  4. jomarbueyes

J?rgen Exner Guest

Would you please mind Ben's request? It is most annoying to have all
    those empty lines messing up the quoted text.
    And would you please respect the more than 2 decade old custom to limit
    the line length to ~72-75 characters, too?
    You are welcome

jue

J?rgen Exner, Apr 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question