permission denied

Jean-Paul Lauque

Hello,

With my script ASP, I display list of folders and files in a directory.

My problem is :

when the directory is protected, I have a message an error page with
"permission denied" message
when my ASP script try to read its content.

My questions are :

How can i read the content ?
Or How Can I get permission ?

Thank you for your answers.

Bye

JP

Jean-Paul Lauque

I know.

But I don't want that all the world read the content of directory.

So, i would like to know if i must manage permission with ASP script
or not.

Thank you

JP

Curt_C [MVP]

well, you will have to turn off anonymous access in IIS then, to make the
user login.
Then just set the user permissions based on that.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Brynn

Can't you just give the system access ... then would have to use asp
to see?

well, you will have to turn off anonymous access in IIS then, to make the
user login.
Then just set the user permissions based on that.

I participate in the group to help give examples of code. I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted. Test all code before use!

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

"All the world" still has to have permission to get on the machine to use
that power. A lot of people assume that giving "Everyone" access is the
solution here. Giving access to IUSR only gives access to IUSR, and that's
all ASP needs in order to read/write text files/MDB files. And if someone
can guess your IUSR password and log onto the machine as them, well, all the
power to them. They don't have to be an elevated user, in fact they don't
even have to have the ability to log on or do anything else that would
expose your system to any risk. They just have to be able to read and write
whatever folder you're trying to use with FSO.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Mark Schupp

Give the anonymous internet account (default is IUSR_<machine>) access to
the directory

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development