Permision change on mac

Joined
Dec 22, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I set up website on my mac and im using xampp hosting. But there is a issue with permisions. I need to change them. Is required 0775 permission. Current Permisiion is 0755. How to change them on mac? I allready tried get info>then on section Sharing and Permisions I change to read and write.

Any suggsestions?

Joined
Mar 5, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
12
To change the file permissions on a Mac using Terminal, follow these steps:

  1. Open the Terminal application, located in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
  2. Navigate to the directory that contains the files you want to modify. You can use the "cd" command followed by the path to the directory. For example, if the directory is on your desktop, type "cd ~/Desktop".
  3. Use the "ls" command to list the files in the directory and make sure you're in the right place.
  4. Use the "chmod" command followed by the desired permission code and the name of the file or folder. For example, if you want to change the permission of a folder called "myfolder" to 0775, type "chmod 0775 myfolder" and press enter.
  5. Check the file or folder permissions using the "ls -l" command. The permissions should now be updated.
If you prefer using the graphical interface, you can follow these steps:

  1. Right-click the file or folder you want to modify and select "Get Info".
  2. In the "Sharing & Permissions" section, click the lock icon and enter your password to make changes.
  3. Click the "+" button to add a new user or group to the list.
  4. Select the new user or group and click the "Read & Write" option in the "Privilege" column.
  5. Click the gear icon at the bottom of the window and select "Apply to enclosed items" to apply the changes to all files and folders inside the selected item.
  6. Click "OK" to save the changes.
The permission should now be updated to the desired 0775 permission.