php to asp.net

John

Hi

We have a two part company web site. One is main company site in php, and
other is staff portal (we are a staffing company) in asp.net which uses
asp.net membership. The login form is in php. Is there a way to pass
username/password info from the php login page to the asp.net membership
just like a the membership login control would do so membership works
normally?

Thanks

Regards

bruce barker

yes. how you do it depends on how the php site tracks the login credentials.
the php side either encode the actual login into a cookie or url or it
encodes a ticket. read the php code to determine how.

then in global.asa override authenicate request, and create an iprincpal
that decodes the php login. if its a ticket, you will need to setup a secure
php web service that translates a ticket to a login that .net can use.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)