png | bmp | jpg -> eps

Roedy Green

how to change image (png | bmp | jpg) to EPS??

I would look for a utility to do it, e.g. photoshop, PaintShop Pro
etc. then just exec it with some command line parms to get it to do
the conversion.

If that does not work, read up on what the EPS format looks like. IIRC
it is a very fluffy format, basically a giant uncompressed bit map.
Then use pixelgrabber to take apart your source image into a giant
pixel array and write it out in EPS. EPS is basically a text file. You
can even view the images (upside down) with a text editor because each
colour is a hex pair and there is no compression, and each line of the
file is one row of pixels. It has a trailer, supposedly a comment. It
looks more complicated, presumably a thumnail of some sort. The header
is just PS text, defining the bounding box etc.

I would also do a search to see if anyone has written a plugin for
ImageIO to handle EPS. Keywords JSR-15, EPS, ImageIO,

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.