Poping up a window AND redirecting the page thtat triggered the po

Guest

Hi to all. I'm having trouble with the following situation:

I have a page where the user inserts some stuff and when he clicks on the
submit button a popup window showing that info is launched and the page "A"
where he was is redirected to another page, page "B". This page "B" can also
be accessed by other means. Can this be done? If so, how?

I was trying to do this:

protected void button_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string popupScript = String.Format("<script language='javascript'>" +
"window.open('ShowReport.ashx','CustomPopUp'," +
"'width=600, height=500, menubar=no, resizable=yes,
toolbar=no,
location=no, statusbar=no, left=212, top=184')</script>");

Page.RegisterStartupScript("ShowReport", popupScript);
Page.Response.Redirect("NewPage.aspx");
}

But what happens is that I get imediatly redirected to the NewPage.aspx. If
I'm not wrong, this happens because the current page isn't reloaded after
this event is treated. What I am asking is, for the effect I want (both the
pop-up and the redirect occurs) what can I do? I have also thought on trying
to open the pop-up on the loading of NewPage.aspx, by passing some specific
value when I make the redirect (something like
Response.Redirect("NewPage.aspx?popup=yes").
Any ideas/sugestions?

Thanks in advance

Kevin Spencer

Hi Ricardo,

The popup window must be generated on the client. This means that the page
must be loaded to generate the popup. What you can do is to have the page
pop up a window, and then submit back to the server, where the Redirect can
occur.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

Bruce Barker

if a page has a redirect header (produced by calling Redirect), the browser
will not render the html, if you want the html rendered, you need to use a
meta tag with a refresh. also popup blocks will prevent you popup window
anyway. you should change the button to a html hyperlink that opens the
report.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)