populate 5 other fields when one is filled out

middletree

I have a paid-for database, originally in Access but migrated to SQLServer
2008, and it contains the City, State, County, Latitude, and Longitude for
every zip code in the US.

In the form I have created, I want users to type in the Zip code, andwhen
they are done, the city and county text fields, and statedropdown, would be
populated with the correct data.

I've looked around to see if someone has done this, but I haven'tlocated any
sample code for it. I assume it's going to be someAJAX-type code, and I have
a lot to learn about that kind of coding.

I am using Visual Studio 2008/.NET 3.5, and my language is VB.NET. (C# is
not an option.)

Andrew Morton

middletree said:
In the form I have created, I want users to type in the Zip code,
andwhen they are done, the city and county text fields, and
statedropdown, would be populated with the correct data.

I've looked around to see if someone has done this, but I
haven'tlocated any sample code for it. I assume it's going to be
someAJAX-type code, and I have a lot to learn about that kind of
coding.

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/050708-1.aspx might be helpful;
you can search on their site for other AJAX articles.

Andrew