Preventing onmouseout event trigger in body tag when passing over children?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Robert Karlsson, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Situation

    Frameset with two frames.
    ------------------
    top navigation
    ------------------
    main content
    ------------------

    When the cursor leaves the top frame I want to trigger a function
    reset() that restores the top frame to a default state.

    Problem

    Including an <body onmouseout="reset()"> in the top frame's body
    would do the trick... the only problem is that the event is triggered
    each time the cursor passes over a child object in the body, say an
    image or a link.

    I've been looking at "onmouseleave" which does the trick but that only
    works for IE. Cross platform compatibility would be nice.

    Any ideas?

    Best
    Robert Karlsson

    Robert Karlsson, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Robert Karlsson

    Ivo Guest

    First thing the resetting function should do is check whether the calling
    element (that triggered the event) is a child of the body element, and if
    so, return idle.
    HTH
    Ivo

    Ivo, Feb 29, 2004