Print triangle of star/blank inside the rectangle of char

unixdomain

Hello,
I want to print a triangle, made of blanks or asterics inside a
rectangle made of alphabets.
It's as follows;
ABCDEFGFEDCBA
ABCEEF FEDCBA
ABCDE EDCBA
ABCD DCBA
ABC CBA
AB BA
A A

It has 7 rows and 13 columns. I tried to implement like this;
do {
if(j == rows) //int j=0, int row=1
for(int c=0;c<arr.length;c++) //char
arr[]={'A','B','C','D','E','F','G','F','E',.....};
if(c==maxCol) //int maxCol=6;
arr[c]=b; //char b = ' ';
_____________________________
for(blank=0;blank<maxBlank;blank++)
arr[blank]=b;
maxBlank+=2;
maxCol--;
row++;
j++;
}while(j<=6);

Plz help.

Oliver Wong

[...]

I don't know about the others here, but I'd be more willing to help if
you posted an SSCCE: http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sscce.html

- Oliver

Lew

Oliver said:
[...]

Doesn't this question or one much like it hit the group every semester?

Hint to the OP: Not only should your code be a complete example (the code you
presented will not compile), but it helps those who might help you to format
the code you post to the group according to the Sun conventions or close to them.

If this is homework, don't expect people here to help you cheat. You can get
help even in that case, by admitting that it's homework and presenting a
complete example as Oliver suggested.

-- Lew

Lew

[...]

Just so everyone knows, this was multiposted on the thread "Re: Print Triangle
inside a rectangle" on clj.help started on 2007-03-29.

To the OP - Please do not multi-post. If you must reach multiple groups,
please cross-post instead up multi-posting. The latter makes the answers hard
to spot, causes people to duplicate effort and generally makes life harder for
those interested in your question, including yourself.

-- Lew