Printing frames - or only part of a page

Yitzak

I apologise as this is not strictly a Javascript issue - I'm new to
web development.

I have a page which is produced dynamically from ASP. Say its a
letter, underneath the letter I want to add a print button and a
couple of links to other pages on the site.

I want to be able to print the page out without printing the Print
button or links.

I thought of sticking the letter's content in a Frame and the buttons
and links outside of frame.
and just printing the frame.

My issue is the <frame src=somefile.html> tag - I don't have a source
html file but want to create dynamic content in a frame.

<frameset cols="100%">
<frame name="frame1">
<HTML>
put some content in here
</HTML>
</frameset>

Is this the wrong approach - is there better way to print just a
certain part of the web page, mark things as "not printable"

Yitzak