printing from a webservice

Jon Vaughan

Hi,

Background to the story :

Calling a webservice from an IPAQ to a server , wevservice prints to
networked printers
Server 2003
IIS 6.0
Framework 1.1
Pocket PC with framework installed.

What is working :

Printing from the server to network printers works fine in test prints.
calling webservices on the serv works fine.

What I ahve done so far :

Running locally on the dev machine this works fine , the call goes to the
webservice and the printer prints ( I guess this is because its all under
the same account !?! )

However moving it over to the server causes errors - saying that the network
resource deosnt exist. From waht I have read Im presuming this is because a
webservice is running under ASPNET. I have read a solution to this is the
following :

Rename the process username in machine.config to SYSTEM
Copy the printer settings from the registry from local user to
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT
Restart IIS

Which I have done and still havent gotten any furthur.

Now I have read that Framework 1.1 actually runs under IWAM_Machine name. As
I have limited knowledge of User Accounts im at a loss to know what to do
next. Do the changes above have the same impact on IWAM_Machine as they
would on ASPNET ? Or have I overlooked something quite fundemental ?

Thanks

Jon

Georgi Vajarov

I would try to run the process under a domain admin account just so you can
prove or disprove that this is really a permissions issue.