    printer has been chosen.

    Is this possible? How would I go about doing this?

    Thanks!

    karch, May 30, 2006

  2. Well, I don't know if there is a way to do what you want using only ASP.NET
    (I think you would need something like an ActiveX control or something), but
    here is a workaround that uses just ASP.NET and JavaScript. Create another
    page that has the following body tag:

    This page will have the content (and only the content) you want printed.
    When the user clicks the print button on the page they selected the form
    from, this page will open IN ANOTHER WINDOW. after it opens, they will see
    the print dialog, select the printer, and then the window will close,
    therefore having the page get printed, but they will never have to manually
    open or close the extra window. If you want to go the extra mile, you could
    also add JavaScript to make the window as small as possible so that they
    don't even notice that another window opened, like the following:

    This is what I do when I don't want any extra buttons or controls printed
    with a page on my site, so you can see how well it works for you. Good Luck!

    Nathan Sokalski, May 30, 2006

  3. karch

    karch Guest

    Excellent idea...I'll give it a try!