printing tables...

ProgramAnalyst

Hey guys,

I've got a page that has multiple tables (all same format, they just
contain diffrent information) and when u print that page the tables
get cut up and spread out on multiple pages. I've done my research
and it looks like it isn't impossible to print the tables properly
even when using CSS but I just need to make sure before I go tell my
manager he can't have what he wants....

so is there anyway to print the tables properly? And I dont want to
use "PAGE BREAK AFTER" because that is a waste of paper and it
wouldnt look right going into a meeting with 11 pages when all u
really need is 4-5pages (if there were multiple tables on each
page).

Thanks!

*-----------------------*
Posted at:
www.GroupSrv.com
*-----------------------*

Mark Fitzpatrick

No, you're correct. The only way to dictate this behavior is using the css
page-break properties. You could write some routines in script though that
try to determine how big the tables are that are being served, for example,
if table a is 10 rows and table b is 10 rows, then you can put a page break
after table b instead of between a and b. Of course, this works best for
dynamic tables so that you can get a good idea of number of rows as the page
is being generated.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage