    few hundred letters to be printed.How do I accomplish
    this in ASP.NET

    Any examples/links would be appreciated

    Darren, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Darren

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Crystal Reports would be good for printed formatted reports.

    Are you doing client side printing or server side printing?

    Lucas Tam, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Darren

    chanmmn Guest

    chanmmn, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Darren

    Darren Guest

    I need client side printing,

    I dont think I can use crystal reports, What other
    alternatives are available for me

    thanks

    Darren, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Darren

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Another possiblity is to use Microsoft Word and do a mail merge.

    You can access Microsoft Word via the Office Interops.

    Lucas Tam, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Darren

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Crystal is included with VS.NET and has an HTML browser. It works great
    because you can export the reports/letters as PDF thus allowing almost
    perfect reproduction on the client side.

    Lucas Tam, Jul 19, 2004
  7. Darren

    Anon-E-Moose Guest

    Why would people use datagrids, etc to build reports when Crystal can do it
    much better - and it's easier to maintain too?

    Crystal is included with all versions VS.NET... so would it make more sense
    to leverage Crystal than to manually recreate the wheel?

    However, I guess ASP.NET is also targeted for those without VS.NET.

    Anon-E-Moose, Jul 19, 2004