    make: *** [manifypods] Error 22

    I have 5.8.8 perl. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Keith Lee

    Keith Lee, Mar 28, 2008

  2. Keith Lee

    Dan Espen Guest

    It's complaining it gets an error trying to create a file
    at blib/man3/Device::SerialPort.3pm.

    Did you previously do a make as root?

    It the file there writable?

    You can either do a make clean as root
    and then make as a normal user
    or do the make as root.

    Dan Espen, Mar 28, 2008

  3. Keith Lee

    Keith Lee Guest

    Dan:
    I just ran make clean, perl Makefile.pl, and make as root. It's giving me the same error.

    Keith

    Keith Lee, Mar 29, 2008
  4. Keith Lee

    Dan Espen Guest

    Look at the file:

    blib/man3/Device::SerialPort.3pm

    is it writable?

    if you can't find the file look closer at the output
    messages, they will say which directory make was in at the time
    the message was issued.

    Check that there is space on the drive.

    Dan Espen, Mar 29, 2008
  5. Keith Lee

    Keith Lee Guest

    Dan:
    I am not sure why; but, the compilation and installation work fine on the Linux drive but not on the Fat32 drive.
    They are both accessible from Linux. Oh well, at least I got it installed and running. Thank you.

    Keith Lee

    Keith Lee, Mar 29, 2008
  6. Keith Lee

    Dan Espen Guest

    Makes sense.

    The fat drive does not support file permissions.
    If the script attempted to set permissions or test them
    the script wouldn't get the expected results.

    Dan Espen, Mar 30, 2008
  7. Keith Lee

    Joe Smith Guest

    Translation: Attempt to use illegal characters in a file name.
    File names with embedded colons are not allowed on FAT32 file systems.

    Joe Smith, Mar 31, 2008