Problem: Installing Curb in Mac OS Leopard

Maximiliano Caceres

Hello everyone

I´m trying to install Curb in Mac OSX Leopard, but I get a
rake install error when you perform the following

# port install curl
# gem update
# gem install curb

So far so good but at the time of rake install in the PATH
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/curb-0.5.1.0

# rake install

1) Error:
test_head_accessor(TestCurbCurlEasy):
Curl::Err::partialFileError: Transferred a partial file
/tests/tc_curl_easy.rb:568:in `perform'
/tests/tc_curl_easy.rb:568:in `test_head_accessor'

rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1):
[/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/...]

Also try directing

#rake install EXTCONF_OPTS='--with-curl-lib=/usr/local/lib/'

But just the same mistake.
Hopefully someone has a clue.

Excuse me my English.

Thanks
Saludos
Maximiliano

Michael Linfield

Try either of these:

gem install --remote rake

or

apt-get install rake (I believe OSX uses the apt pkg manager?)

Do you get the same errors?

Regards,

-Mac