problem installing PyQt for eric3

Lupe

I'm trying to install eric3 and PyQt is an intermediate step.

I got the following output:

rm -f qttest.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
g++ -c -pipe -w -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586 -mcpu=pentiumpro
-D_REENTRANT -DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
-I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I. -I/usr/local/include/python2.3
-I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
qttest.o qttest.cpp
In file included from qttest.cpp:1:
/usr/lib/qt3/include/qgl.h:78:21: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
make: ** [qttest.o] Erro 1
The qtgl module will not be built.

can anyone translate this to english. Is qtgl important?
I have a file named qgl.h in the /include directory, so what was wrong?

thanx in advance

Lawrence Oluyede

Lupe said:
In file included from qttest.cpp:1: /usr/lib/qt3/include/qgl.h:78:21:
GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

It doesn't find GL utility library's header file.
make: ** [qttest.o] Erro 1
The qtgl
module will not be built.

It means that you won't have support for OpenGL in QT
can anyone translate this to english. Is qtgl important?

No, if you don't need OpenGL in PyQT. Eric3 doesn't use that modules
I have a file named qgl.h in the /include directory, so what was wrong?

qgl.h is there. the compiler doesn't find the glu.h header.