Problem printing website frame in TS.

Richard Brand

We run into a strange problem with a client when printing a frame from a
website. On the site there is a button that performs the following
javascript code:

parent.myFrame.focus();
window.print();

This is the normal way to print a specific frame from a website. Our client
works on a SBS2003 with Terminal Server and when they hit the button all
frames are printed out, not just the selected one. At first I thought that
the print option 'all frames individually' was selected, but that wasn't the
case. The right option ('only the selected frame') was selected.

So it looks like the focus() method does not work. I tried the same website
on another Terminal Server and that worked perfect. So I guess it has
something to do with that specific Terminal Server. But I can't figure out
what?!

Also searched on the internet and newsgroups, but unfortunately I can't find
a similar problem description nor suggestions to a solution.

Anyone ideas how to solve this problem?? Or a workaround??

Thanks in advance for answering.
Richard

Jim Ley

We run into a strange problem with a client when printing a frame from a
website. On the site there is a button that performs the following
javascript code:

parent.myFrame.focus();
window.print();

This is the normal way to print a specific frame from a website. Our client
works on a SBS2003 with Terminal Server and when they hit the button all
frames are printed out, not just the selected one. At first I thought that
the print option 'all frames individually' was selected, but that wasn't the
case. The right option ('only the selected frame') was selected.

So it looks like the focus() method does not work. I tried the same website
on another Terminal Server and that worked perfect. So I guess it has
something to do with that specific Terminal Server. But I can't figure out
what?!

I would still imagine it's a focusing issue,, most of the printing
problems are.

I'd suggest using ScriptX http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/ to just get
rid of all the problems.

Cheers,