Problem setting style of a calendar control via stylesheet

Martin Bischoff

Hi, I have a problem setting the style of a calendar control using style sheets.

Example: I have set the calendar control's property TodayDayStyle-CssClass to
"today". In my .css I have:

..today
{
color: Red;
background-color: Yellow;
}

The calendar control will render today's day with a yellow background, but it
ignores the red foreground-color.

When I look at the generated html code in the browser, I can see the following
(this is the <TD> for today):

href="javascript:__doPostBack('Calendar1$Calendar1','1836')"
style="color:Black">10</a></td>

The <a> tag has it's color set to Black. I did not set this anywhere, neither
in the control's properties, nor in the .css.

Is there any way to stop the calendar control from writing this "color:Black"
so that the definitions from the css are used?

Thanks,
Martin

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Martin,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup. From your description, you're trying to apply
an css style for the ASP.NET , but find that the forecolor style you apply
on the Today CEll always not work(replaced by an existing "color:black"
style in the <a> link , yes?

As for this problem, I'm afraid it is an exsiting problem of the ASP.NET
Calendar control. And the default
"color:black" style is infact hardcoded in the Caleandar control's code.
That's why you can not found any settings in the Calendar's Style Template.
I've also seen many other ones discussing on this problem in many public
formus. Unfortunately, we haven't an good means to gracefully resolve it
currently.

Some developers have tried overriding the Render method of the Calendar
control (provide their custom Calendar control dervied from the Buildin one)

here are some related tech articles:

#BetterCalendar WebControl
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/BetterCalendar.asp

#Calendar buggy styles, and the OOP fix!
http://weblogs.asp.net/cazzu/archive/2004/02/02/66130.aspx

HTH. Also, I'm sorry for the inconvenience the problems bring you.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)