Problem Streaming MP3 in IE

dorayme

John Hosking said:
No, not really.

But plaintext might not be using plaintext or the right gaps between the
text (they are not right cut and pasted from my newsreader) or might be
not using a proper doctype or might be not doing what you have to do for
inline elements or maybe other things. I wonder how we can ever find out?

John Hosking

dorayme said:
But plaintext might not be using plaintext or the right gaps between the
text (they are not right cut and pasted from my newsreader) or might be
not using a proper doctype or might be not doing what you have to do for
inline elements or maybe other things. I wonder how we can ever find out?

Yes, life is full of mysteries, many of which we will never have fully
explained. Especially if plaintext is just a GG drive-by.

Now I will meditate upon this and hope for enlightenment. OMMMmmmmm...

plaintext

Points well taken. I am a "drive by". I admit it. I am also basically
a weekend warrior when it comes to maintaining web sites. They are not
anything to write home about, but they fulfill their purpose. I do it
for free for a couple of nonprofits. The code I posted was copied and
pasted from the web. I believe it is posted on a handful of sites, so
I assumed (yes, I know what that means) it would work. As far as gaps
etc, I do not have a clue. It is however something I will work on.
I really wanted to use the Google player. Mplayer just seems to have a
mind of it's own outside IE. I tried to clean up the code based on the
that worked first time. I do appreciate the feed back. It certainly
showed me how far I have to go and how hard I need to work. This has
also taught me that I need to hang out here on a regular basis and not
just come in whining for help, so here I am for better or worse <g>

Thanks & Be Well
plaintext

John Hosking

plaintext said:
Points well taken.

....whatever they might have been.
[...]

Then our work here is done.

plaintext

Oh, you have no idea. I checked out the site in you previous post's
sig. I started using Google Groups when I switched ISPs. Back when I
had a lot more tech interests, I read a lot of groups, but times
change and I drifted back to my family and day job, so I really did
not miss the usenet. . Long winded story short, I just downloaded
Xnews and will be searching for a free server. I feel younger already!

Be Well,
plaintext

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed plaintext <[email protected]>
writing in (e-mail address removed):
Oh, you have no idea. I checked out the site in you previous post's
sig. I started using Google Groups when I switched ISPs. Back when I
had a lot more tech interests, I read a lot of groups, but times
change and I drifted back to my family and day job, so I really did
not miss the usenet. . Long winded story short, I just downloaded
Xnews and will be searching for a free server. I feel younger already!

Be Well,
plaintext

Look for a recent thread OT:Need Usenet Service Recommendation. The
recommendation I got, and have implemented was motzarella.

dorayme

plaintext said:
[...]

Yes, do come back. Best to quote what you are replying to first, not
everyone is reading usenet at Google (where the thread is easy to
follow). For example, I have an online reader that does not show past
posts that I have read. (I use it because I am blessed with a
photographic memory and need no such crutches. Go on, ask me exactly
what I was doing in 1903 at 9.30am.)

Synbot

dorayme said:
Go on, ask me exactly
what I was doing in 1903 at 9.30am.)

Same thing you're doing right now.
Now get up outta that bed and keep your hands off that damn thing!

All these years and it's always the same ole, same ole.