Problem with dev-c++

camelot

Hi,
I hope not to be OT. Please, in this case address me rightly...
I'm using Dev-c++ 4.9.9.2. under XP. When I compile the cpp for the
first time the exe file works fine. If I try to modify the source cpp
and compile it again, it append that the exe is not accessible by the
compiler (or linker, ld.exe) and if I try to open manually the exe
file, the file is not accessible (I do not have permission and stuff
like that..).
Do you have idea on why it happen?

Regards,
Camelot

Nikos Hatzigiannakis

Try to place your source code in a directory with a very simple path e.g
c:\test and try it again!

Salt_Peter

Hi,
I hope not to be OT. Please, in this case address me rightly...
I'm using Dev-c++ 4.9.9.2. under XP. When I compile the cpp for the
first time the exe file works fine. If I try to modify the source cpp
and compile it again, it append that the exe is not accessible by the
compiler (or linker, ld.exe) and if I try to open manually the exe
file, the file is not accessible (I do not have permission and stuff
like that..).
Do you have idea on why it happen?

Regards,
Camelot

Does a permission issue involving XP sound like a C++ problem to you?
you might try an MS group that deals with XP.
[OT]
Have you considered verifying the permissions involved?
Folder permissions propagate to subfolders and files upon creation on
an NTFS file system.
Its been that way ever since NT was first released a few decades ago.
Why not place code in your home directory or a c:\code directory?
[/OT]

camelot

Thank you to everyone. Problem solved. It was Spybot-SD that locked
the files.

Camelot